Monday, November 23, 2009

257.








Jordan Dreyer ; La Dispute ; Summercamp ; Chicago, IL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beccaflorezhoffman

I did not bring my flash because flashes at shows are quite possibly the most annoying part of shows to me. There were a ridiculous amount of cameras with huge flashes. I only saw one person nice enough to point it at the ceiling for a bounce flash. One person had a diffuser for it but it still was awful. Also I don’t take pictures that I take at shows seriously, they are more for me and experimentation. Sometimes I enjoy the typical ghostly affect. A girl in my photo class actually wants to take band promos and live shots as a profession. Props to her for the dream I suppose. Unfortunately I only got to shoot La Dispute. Several extremely large men stood in front of me for Touche Amore and I could only see the band when people were moving around.

Becca and I got to the show early and watched It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and South Park with La Dispute. After the show, being covered in my own sweat and Jordan’s sweat, I talked to Jordan. I say this because he remembered me after mentioning the show in Pittsburgh and him putting my face to the time. Basement shows will always be my preference because of instances like this. They are so much more intimate than large venues and I feel that fans and bands have the opportunities to interact more. I have no doubt that names and faces slip through the cracks, but the fact that Jordan eventually remembered me, made me feel like there is a need for supporting some bands, the bands who do not do it for the money but for themselves and their fans. The other bands/artist were equally as nice and appreciative. I hope to continue to go to shows at Summercamp and other houses.

No comments: