Tuesday, October 13, 2009

237.

The Weakerthans : Left and Leaving

Scanning old photos has made me realize that I always miss Cincinnati in some way. Right now I really miss how it used to be. I guess we all change, right?

How do you move on so quickly? How can you tell me that you shouldn't be dating anyone and then be talking to a girl three days later? I want to hate you so badly.

My city's still breathing through buildings gone missing like teeth. The sidewalks are watching me think about you, sparkled with broken glass. I'm back with scars to show, back with the streets I know will never take me anywhere but here. The stain in the carpet, this drink in my hand, the strangers whose faces I know. We meet here for our dress-rehearsal to say " I wanted it this way." Wait for the year to drown. Spring forward, fall back down. I'm trying not to wonder where you are. All this time lingers, undefined. Someone choose who's left and who's leaving.





Kelsey Swain ; Circa 2007.

No comments: