Wednesday, October 14, 2009

238.

Slingshot Dakota : South 1st

I used to settle for second best, thinking it was the best I could get. I refuse to ever do it again. Looking for any sort of attention, even if it wasn't what I was looking for. Sometimes I think that's exactly what you're doing. You're not going to wait for someone you're actually compatible with, you're just settling for the girls who come along willing to giving you the time of day. Maybe you wouldn't be so miserable if you forgot about the past and gave your heart to someone who actually wants it and needs you in their life. I know what I want.

Like the dust from out ancient ceiling making its way to the ground, we are falling. And we held ourselves against the floodgates but it was already too late. Deadbold the door and move on. There's nothing left to say. I gave you words. You gave me your version of loving. And now we're giving each other up. Was it really too much? Was it really too much to ask for? And who knew that time would be the one to break us. And who knew that time would be our only excuse. Everybody's looking at you. Everybody's wondering how it feels to be without you. We have nothing left to say. We fell a long time ago.



Photograph by Nan Goldin.

No comments: