Tuesday, October 27, 2009

248.

Paul Baribeau : Things I Don't Do

The mixed emotions that I've been feeling are putting me in weird places. I feel like I'm in the right place and I love school, but at the same time I feel extremely alone and like I'm missing something at home.

Two falls ago, I was completely involved with someone, loving every new feeling and experience. It makes me think I'm never going to find anything as perfect.

I don't think about you as much anymore and I'm sure you don't think about me at all anymore. People grow apart, I know. I just wasn't expecting this so soon. I miss you setting an alarm after a long night so that you would make it to work on time. In actuality, the alarm woke me up and I had to wake you up. I didn't mind it all and I think I'm actually starting to miss only getting two hours of sleep because of you.

Don't expect you'll still be my best friend. I don't expect we'll talk much after this. Don't get the feeling this is not the end. Doesn't mean I can't dream, dream, dream about you with your blue winter coat on. Dream. About you with snowflakes in your hair. Dream. About you kissing me, Christmas cookie kisses. Don't expect to get over you easy. Don't expect the world to come to an end. Don't believe you can't go on without me. It doesn't mean I can't dream, dream, dream. About coming home to you late at night. Dream. About you asleep with the TV on. Dream. About you kissing me, warm sleepy kisses. Don't expect it could have gone any better. Don't believe it could have got any worse. I don't believe we're gonna get back together. Doesn't mean I can't dream, dream, dream. About you putting your shoes on by the front door. Dream. About you grabbing your keys off the table. Dream. About you kissing me, goodbye. Bye, bye bye bye goodbye.

No comments: