Thursday, September 24, 2009

229.

The Good Life: Some Tragedy

Everytime I analyze a situation, especially having to do with someone I care about, I tend to be too forgiving. I see others faults as my own. I seem to not be able to let go of people, even when I really need to. I guess all I really want is to be able to talk to you.

I must’ve seemed to you a shipwreck. I looked at you, I saw an island. So I was swept ashore, to lie forevermore or at least for the evening. So we went to your apartment. We shared a drink out in the garden. You thought I must’ve pulled this kind of shit with any willing fool. I shrugged and asked if that’s a problem. So we loved if for an instant and for an instant I forgot who I was. So for the night, I was all yours. So I’m sure it was fleeting, and I’m sure I’ve been misleaded. We were just two people in need, it doesn’t have to be some fucked up tragedy. I hope I didn’t seem too vulgar when I asked to come over. It’s just these last few weeks, well, they’ve been hard on me. I got burned and I can’t seem to recover. And so we loved or so it seemed. And as I slept, I dreamt of Romeo and Juliet but Romeo was just playing dead. I’m sure it was just a dream and I’m sure it holds no meaning. But on this sober, hungover morning, why does it always got to be such a fucked up tragedy? I tried to tell you but I couldn’t. I wanted to warn you but I need you so bad. I mean right now, you're all I have.



Self Portrait ; Chicago, IL.


No comments: