Tuesday, September 22, 2009

227.

Good Luck : How To Live Here

Being alone was starting to not feel so lonely. But then you had your way of working yourself back in. Is this going to be an ongoing cycle of you leaving and then coming back? I've been trying to be more talkative and not close myself off to other people. Not for romantic company, but just to make another friend. I've been thinking too much about the future and if I'm going to come back to Cincinnati. I need to live in the present day. I used to think I had to have it all figured out. Now that I've gotten to the place I've wanted to be for the past four years, I don't want to do anymore planning.

We all want to feel content, but we need more than a place to shit and to lay a bed. If sometimes living doesn't terrify you, if love doesn't pulverize you, then where are you at? Where's the power in that? Though it's been nothing but complicated since the first time that two people dated, and your heart makes you deathly afraid, it's all you've got. Is it impossible, friend? Is it only a dream to find truth in the visions you see? Or to believe the love that I'm waiting for is somewhere waiting for me? Well maybe the way to get what you want is to stop waiting for it to show up. Have faith in the wind and the rain it will come but only if you let it come. Yeah, everyone feels alone. Maybe more, maybe less, maybe this year or next or when they grow old. But what a bogus affliction! It's the human condition. We all want affection and the sound of another heartbeat. Maybe when this ends and the stars all call down for me it'll finally make sense, or just as likely still be mystery. I don't know where you are my friend, I don't know if I'll ever know. But maybe you'll be there when it's time to go.




No comments: