Saturday, June 20, 2009

209.

M. Ward : Bad Dream

Not too long ago, I told you that there are two people in this world that can affect my moods with the drop of a hat. You told me that you hope you're not one of them. Some days I wish you weren't either, maybe that would make acceptance of our fate so much easier. Maybe moving away from you wouldn't scare me. The "what ifs" are tearing me apart. When I move away do you still not want me to "get too far away from you?" Are you going to give your heart away to an undeserving girl? I wanted to keep a distance from you, but something about you always pulls me back in. Hearing from you after months of not speaking or seeing each other, made me think about our old times and then they quickly came back. I don't want you to forget them.

Oh! Every night I’m dreaming of you and we’re weaving through a crowded room and I ask you to be my best friend too and then I lose you. On a steamer with a small-city band I chase you through the room again and you’re gone before the next dance ends. I don't know what it means. But I should do what I want to do and I should dream about whoever I want to dream about. But every night I’m calling out your name and every time you get away. Oh and I’m damned before I even begin but I'll chase you through the room again. And I’ll ask you to be my best best friend and then I lose you.

No comments: