Saturday, June 20, 2009

208.

Elliott Smith : Fond Farewell to a Friend

I have become accustomed to good things never lasting very long. I'll make the best of it, some how. I will try to understand your reasoning and embrace it, even though I really don't want to.

John Dankenbring passed away on Thursday. I hadn't talked to him in a few years but I'll remember the times spent.

This is not my life. It's just a fond farewell to a friend. It's not what I'm like. It's just a fond farewell to a friend who couldn't get things right. Fond farewell to a friend. He said really I just wanna dance. Good and evil matched perfect it's a great romance. I can deal with some physic pain if it'll slow down my higher brain. Veins full of disappearing ink. Vomiting in the kitchen sink. Disconnecting from the missing link. This is not my life. It's just a fond farewell to a friend. It's not what I'm like. It's just a fond farewell to a friend who couldn't get things right. I see you're leaving me and taking up with the enemy, the cold comfort of the in between. A little less than a human being, a little less than a happy high, a little less than a suicide; the only things that you really tried.

No comments: