Monday, May 11, 2009

189.

Failure.

My brother came down from Chicago this past weekend. What I thought was going to be a stress free, lovely afternoon with my brother was actually an afternoon of me holding back tears. He threw a bunch of large numbers at me and told me it would be wise to stay in Cincinnati for another year and work before moving to Chicago. Although it probably would be in my best interest, I don't think I can do it. My mom thinks I should go forth with my goals and plans to prove to everyone else that I can do this and be happy at the same time, regardless of all the student loans I will have to pay back at some point in my life.

I have four days left of high school. I thought this summer would be a great one, but considering how the past few days have been going, I have no idea. Hopefully things get better. I have a lot planned for my summer to keep me occupied. Aaron and I (plus whomever else) are going camping the second week of June. Annalise and I are planning on going to Pittsburgh for La Dispute, Who Goes There?, and Native. We have a few other places planned as well. I've decided that I'm not going to Dude Fest this year. I have a portfolio review, placement testing, and orientation the day after Dude Fest and it probably would be wise to be well rested and not look I just got the shit beat out of me. I wanted to go to Lollapalooza but I think that will only be happening if Annalise's cousin can get us reduced tickets. Once these four days are over I'll have a lot more time on my hands to spend with people, especially Becca and Kelsey who I rarely see.

No comments: