Wednesday, April 1, 2009

164.

Happy birthday, beautiful.
You would have been eighteen today.
April 1, 1991 - May 2, 2005.



I still haven't been to your grave and it's been almost four years. Maybe this year I will visit you. I see your brother every now and then. I haven't seen or talked to your mom in over 2 years. I hope she's doing well. I miss you so much.

I remember you kept begging me to wear my black "fairy" skirt and fish nets so we could be matching and I could step out of the box. I remember you always criticized my music taste if it wasn't punk enough, but I never cared. I remember you running up to me at Bogarts and hugging me, even though you didn't like to hug, but you were so excited for me to meet Jake. I remember writing "ejaculation" on your shoes after explaining what is was in art class. I hope those shoes are still where I saw them last.

No comments: