Thursday, March 26, 2009

162.

Elliott Smith : Talking to Mary

You know you don't have to shout she can hear what you're thinking, like you were saying it right out loud. She sees behind that dirty look. It was her that followed down every stupid turn that you took. One day she'll go, I told you so. One day she'll go, I told you so. Saw the one big problem you keep under your hat and it's pretty unlikely that anyone else will be cool with that. You got bus fare in your pocket and more money down in your sock. But she can't tell you how to contact her if you won't listen to her talk. One day she'll go, I told you so. One day she'll go, I told you so. It's no problem, I'll just keep quiet if it's easier for you to make believe in then that I don't love you as much as I do. One day she'll go, I told you so. One day she'll go, I told you so. I told you so, I told you so.

No comments: