Saturday, January 3, 2009

099.

Another near death experience caused by horses:

Today KSwain and I rode the trail behind the barn knowing it was a bit muddy. At the top of the huge hill we were racing and running around having a grand ole time. After running the straight for the 547839th time I tried to stop Dobbin but he slid in the mud downhill and decided he was going to run downhill, probably because he was scared. Because this was unexpected, I flew over the saddle and was sitting on his neck with my arms wrapped around him. At the bottom of the hill I was still on him but in a tricky position to dismount. So I threw one leg down and as I was throwing the other one over my boot got caught on the horn, causing me to smack my back on a large rock. I'm so happy that my horse and I have such a strong bond. Most horses would not allow you to hold onto their neck and continue to hold their head up so you can dismount with falling face first. My back hurts really bad and I think I'm going to go back to the doctor for some x-rays. My back is already extremely messed up from riding. Maybe I should start wearing a brace.

I received an invitation for the Presidential Scholarship through Columbia. Hopefully I can keep my grades up this semester so I will get it. My ACT and SAT scores blow. Fuck standardized testing.

No comments: