Monday, December 15, 2008

081.

Today I met a seriously real, down to earth person. This well dressed, or metrosexual if you will, black man came into my store today. He approached me asking me about the art and music scene in Cincinnati because he wants to move here. He's moving here from Brooklyn because the woman he loves is here and he "can't imagine living his life without her." We then started discussing the art world, the "American Dream", and love. He is only twenty-two yet so insightful and hopeful. I think I really needed to meet someone like him. He called me "sista" and had so much hope and faith in the world and is moving from a place he loves for someone he's in love with.

Nostalgia has been slapping me in the face for the past week or so. This time last year I was dating Luke and Dobbin was injured and Luke would help me with him. Dobbin has reinjured himself and I saw Luke Friday night under extremely uncomfortable circumstances. I'll admit that I miss him, but I won't give in. I'm not letting people treat me like shit anymore and forgiving them so easily. Last winter we went on a double date to the festival of lights. Wednesday I will offically be an employee of the zoo and will be working the festival of lights. At least I'll be making good money.

No comments: