Tuesday, November 11, 2008

061.

Owen: In the Morning Before Work

Friday night was probably one of the best nights that I've had in awhile. I was able to be a little kid again and play laser tag with Amanda, Keith, Jenn, Matt, Kelsey, and KSwain. Lately I've been so stressed out that running around with my best friends and seven year olds was the best outlet I could ask for. Tomorrow afternoon I move Dobbin to his new home, which is cheaper, nicer, and very family oriented. I'm hoping this will be the last time I move him until we move to Chicago. This will be his fourth move in four years. I feel really good about the new barn and I'm hoping it won't let me down. They seem to actually care about their animals. Hopefully he'll be fed well enough that you won't be able to see his ribs anymore. He'll be nineteen in February, so now more than ever is the time for him to be healthy so I don't have to retire him anytime soon.

I eat with these crooked teeth tomato soup and grilled cheese. But you already know that because you used to dine with me. Do you remember? I listen to my same old cd's, New Order and Morissey. But you already know that because you used to ride with me. I thought I'd be singing a different tune by now but this song about you keeps coming out. I sleep in these dirty sheets, a blanket between my boney knees. But you already know that because you used to crawl in bed with me in the morning before work. Put your hands on my back, kiss the back of my neck. I thought i'd be singing a different tune by now but this song about you keeps coming out. I hoped to be singing to someone new by now but the song's about you.

No comments: