Friday, October 24, 2008

053.

The National: About Today

The beginning of today was awful but as I soon as I got in the car with the Kelseys I was feeling better. We bought a bunch of rap and 90's pop cds at the mall before we started driving to Columbus. It was nice to scream the lyrics of songs I used to love with two of my favorite girls. I still thought about you occasionally today. I'm really glad to have a night away from you. I know tomorrow if I see you I'll just return to my love/hate feelings towards you. I don't want cry myself to sleep anymore. I don't want to have you constantly ruin my day. But for now, I'm going to cuddle in a comfortable hotel bed with KSwain and watch tv until we all pass out.

Today you were far away and I didn't ask you why. What could I say? I was far away. You just walked away and I just watched you. What could I say? How close am I to losing you? Tonight you just close your eyes and I just watch you slip away. How close am I to losing you? Hey, are you awake? Yeah I'm right here. Well can I ask you about today? How close am I to losing you? How close am I to losing?

No comments: