Thursday, October 23, 2008

052.

Answer me this. Is she really worth keeping a secret from me, the person who supports you in anyway possible? If you know being with her would upset me, why do it? Why tell my friends about it and then hush them when I come in the room, especially since you say that you're just hanging out- nothing more? What did I do to you to deserve this treatment? Why can't you respect me? Why do you constantly let me down? I hope she can provide you with all the things I do. But she'll probably provide the one thing I don't.

She was calling around to find half an hour. She walked right into my mirror. Says she's here to waste time I said "That's fine." Listen, to thyself be true, every thread, every hair re-arranged to resemble. You could have her, detective daughter copy. Please don't be me. There are so many skirts under the table. None of these long legs are mine. She calls around finds me crying, wish I were capable of lying sometimes. Love is real, real is love. Love is asking to be loved. Hell is real, real is love. Hell is living love. Hide out and then run when no one's looking She's still calling around to find half an hour. She'll always have a place in the mirror. She's got no more time, I said "That's fine. I'm all out too." To thyself be true.

No comments: