Tuesday, October 14, 2008

045.

Wilco: Should've Been in Love.

I'm stuck in a fantasy world, where I constantly dream about what could have been, what should have been.

One of my bosses and I were talking about how it such a commonality to lie about how we're feeling when we're in passing with someone, either to avoid a longer conversation or just to hide our feelings. I often find myself saying "I'm well, thank you" after someone asks me how I am. I don't usually even think about that answer anymore, maybe because I think it's what people want or expect to hear. If I say that I'm feeling horrible or I'm upset, they feel obligated to ask for more details that they probably don't even care about. I really don't expect much from anyone these days, just respect and honesty.

I also found that I can't count on anyone these days. I'm doubtful when friends make promises, even about the smallest things like what time they'll be somewhere. It's tiring to believe in people anymore, especially when they don't give two shits.

Your life's been stinking, your heart's been shrinking, and you're too busy thinking to stop. You blink and you're blue. Should've been in love. I know how it goes so I just had to let you know I know. My lifes been stinking, my heart's been shrinking, and I'm too busy thinking to stop. I blink and you're gone. Should've been in love. We should've been in love.

No comments: