Tuesday, September 30, 2008

036.

"THE HEART"
by Stephen Crane

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter - bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

I've been reading my old journals from around this time 2006 and 2007. It's giving me a disgusting feeling of nostalgia. I love being able to open all my windows and let cold air in while I sleep, even if I'm sleeping alone. For the past two years I've spent my winter with someone and this year might be a lonely one. I look forward to spending it with my close friends and snuggling all the animals at Kelsey's. I'm not looking forward to the depression that comes around this time of year. October 2001 was when my family was told my dad would only live two weeks to a month. He gave us two months.


No comments: