Thursday, August 7, 2008

003.

Yesterday was great. I went to work, which was as boring as usual. The man who lives upstairs hasn't come to talk to me in awhile but he came in yesterday. For once we didn't have an hour long conversation about his knowledge of antique pottery or about his views of the government and minorities. Some how he couldn't tell that I am an minority, but I don't plan on saying anything anytime soon, unless he completely offends me. The last time we spoke, he told me about how happy he is that he has someone to talk to because he's a 40 year old single man with a slow love life. After that I felt a little uncomfortable. That same night I walked into Blue Rock and saw him sitting at the bar. I tried to sneak past him but he saw me and asked if he could buy me a drink but I politely declined. Originally I didn't mind that he came in and talked with me when we weren't busy, especially since we know nothing about each other, not even names, but now I'm a tad bit creeped out. Anyway, after work, Kelsey and I had dinner at Melt and then went to Blockbuster to buy movies. We watched Saw IV in my basement and it was great yelling at the movie and hiding our eyes. I've missed hanging out with Kelsey on a regular basis. I just sort of backed away from most of the people I was hanging out with, partially to get away from drama and partially to see which friends would put forth the effort to see me again. It's become obvious to me that I give way too many chances and put forth more effort in relationships and friendships that they become extremely hard to actually enjoy. That's another change I'm going to make. I think slowly but surely I'm making the right decisions for myself. Okay side track number two. Anyway, then we went to Allyson's to celebrate night one of her birthday week. I eventually walked home because I was extremely tired, but at least I had an awesome day.

No comments: