Tuesday, April 6, 2010

276.

Good Luck : Sleep With No Bad Dreams

You know those moments that you replay in your head and you end up smiling? Yeah, most of those moments are about you. It feels good to not want you the way that I did or at least not as much. I've realized that strong friendships are so much more important than romantic relationships, especially when it comes to you.

So near asleep I hear your breath, the root of living in your chest. It is the fact that you are here. It is the proof that you are here. What's done should just be done. Don't talk just use our lungs. The brains that your dad said you had, you lost them. Terrified of our potential, and all the ways we might fail to meet it. 'Round here we are all the same, we want sleep with no bad dreams in our own bed with heat from somebody who won't keep me awake. The simplest act is still the one that we'll remember when we're done. The last thing I hope I forget, when everything else starts to slip, is sleeping over your parents' bedroom. We turned 18 not long ago. The open window had made is so cold. For me you shut it, then came back to bed. 'Round here we are all the same, we want sleep with no bad dreams in our own bed with heat from somebody who won't keep me awake. So nothing risked is nothing gained. It's the surest way to stay safe. Afraid to spell out the ways that we think we could help each other. So lay next to me tonight. Though I may not be satisfied I will stay by your side and be company till the morning light.

No comments: