Saturday, April 3, 2010

274.

Finals are soon approaching. I'm even more excited about my color final than I was about my black and white final. If all goes will in this bookmaking process, I'm thinking about making a few to sell at my show and/or on Etsy. The fact that the final product will be all hand made is going to be extremely rewarding, more so than just matting my photographs.

I have my 33 credit hours for my first year of four year plan. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to graduate in four years considering the BFA has a significant amount of required credit hours (128). Please explain to me how in preparation for my second year I am already thinking about graduate school.

The assignment was to make a two diptychs and a triptych from a passage of Einstein’s Dreams. The novel fictionalizes Albert Einstein as a young scientist who is troubled by dreams as he works on his theory of relativity in 1905. The book consists of 30 chapters, each exploring one dream about time that Einstein had during this period. I chose this part of a passage: “Imagine a world in which there is no time. Only images… Red hair of a lover, wild mischievous, promising.”


No comments: