Sunday, October 18, 2009

242.

Kevin Devine : Not Over You Yet.

I'm not over you yet, but I'm trying. I'm creating a new mindset for myself and my situations. You have made a fool out of me. I'm never letting that happen again, but I do still think about you. Just walking on the beach today and the phone calls I've received have made me realize that there are parts of this world too beautiful to sulk in my apartment when things are rough.

And I'm still obsessed with cowboys and Indians and you biting your lip when you lose your breath. I'm not over you yet. I know I will not call, it's this decision I've made. So I'm up all night chanting, "Vow I can't break!" I might bite my nails so I can't scratch my face, but I'd still cut my hair if you asked the right way. I'd at least comb it anyway. You're still on my towels, in my eyerolls and scowls.

No comments: