Tuesday, October 6, 2009

234.

Tilly and the Wall : Let it Rain

School makes the loneliness a little easier. My professors like my work even though I have a lot more to learn. I love the darkroom procedure so much but I want to learn about the parts of photography that I don't know. The only color I've done is just plain ole' 400 ASA color film in m y 35mm and processing it at a pharmacy. I want to start using color slide film and 120 film in a Holga. We've been looking at Sally Mann a lot lately and I love her work.

I really hope that Becca and I go out west this summer. I want to experiment with new cameras and film while I'm there.

“The things that are close to you, are the things you can photograph the best and unless you photograph what you love, you are not going to make good art.”'

I want to be sharing my excitement with you.









I thought you'd come and go. I never thought you would stay and I'm sorry if I tried to push you away. But the edges they fold and you suddenly find you are buried beneath a blanket of snow you had no idea was even falling. Now you're sitting on a couch inside your home feeling cold. Morhing is clear, all your thoughts they have become so hard to find. With a question mark always slumped at the end of these awkward lines, all the simple words we loved to speak are no longer audible. And I never thought with you and I this would be possible. I can feel the world coming apart and I need you by my side with your delicate heart. So please don't leave me no don't you run. Don't be frightened by the storm so bold and brave. Just let it rain.

No comments: