Monday, June 8, 2009

203.

The Good Life : On This Picket Fence

I'm not putting myself on the line this time. I'm not chasing you anymore. I'm right here in front of you, so come as you please.

Things are good. We should take a polaroid, a memento before the moment's destroyed. We constantly bicker, these flickering moods. We’re hardly making any sense. Either you love me or you leave me. Don’t you leave me on this picket fence. It’s been hard. We’ve both got our histories. That haunt these homes. But I ain’t bathing in our misery. So pour me a drink and don’t pour it too weak. And grab it from the top shelf. I ain’t asking for redemption and this ain’t no cry for help. Well, things are good. We take it all for granted. We turn that wheel back to all our bad habits. But I don’t believe we need love to succeed. But the least you could do is pretend. Either you love me or you leave me. Don’t you leave me on this picket fence. Either you love me or you’ll leave me, don’t you leave me

No comments: