Wednesday, June 3, 2009

201.

Owen : I'm Not Going Anywhere Tonight

Last night was filled with awkwardness, yet it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Spending time with old best friends, getting soaked in the rain, and the evening ending in a sweaty dance party. This is the one thing I will miss about Cincinnati. I will not miss the vindictive girls who shove boyfriends in exgirlfriends' faces. I will not miss the awkward stares across the room.

Sometimes I wish I could just shake you, and all of your senses would finally come together. I didn't blatantly tell you how I felt last night, but I'm hoping that what I did say, got the point across. You and him can change my mood in a flat second. I'm not sure why or what it means. My best explanation is that you are both so important to me regardless of what's between us, whether it's another girl or a stupid drive home. If there is one thing I regret, it's driving home that night. Maybe then, things would be different and we wouldn't be so far behind. But maybe what I said, has changed things for the worse.

I’m not going anywhere tonight, because of something said. I know, I know, it was meant well, but it still hurt like hell. It's okay, it's alright its just that I’m a little tired of fading interest, of boys and girls. You know me and, you know me and I wanna say, I’m gonna say, I’m not the same, maybe in time. I’m not making promises in life cause of something I did to my best friend, that was way back when. Not anything was everything then. I know it’s not fair to the fairest of them all (you know who you are). I’ve got your picture on a mirror on my wall. I know you and, I know you and, but you wanna say in the worst of ways that I’m afraid and maybe too late. I’m not going anywhere tonight cause I don’t want to, I don’t have to. It’s my right to be a fucking baby sometimes.

No comments: