Wednesday, March 11, 2009

152.

I didn't know Esme Kenney, but she is all I have been hearing about in the news and from my peers. It makes me cringe thinking that there are people in the world that find joy in killing, raping, and burning a thirteen year old girl. In 1987, her murderer, Anthony Kirkland, killed someone and was released after sixteen years because the city prosecutor made a plea bargain. He was then in a half way house but was evicted for fighting another inamte. Now because of this, he is linked to seven murders, three being in the ten days prior to his arrest. I cannot imagine how this girl's family feels or how the families of the other victims feel. To know that someone out there can deliberately take a child from the world and do horrible things to him or her, would make me want to pound a brick into that person's forehead.

I hadn't spoken to my mother in two hours and my phone died. I now know why she is always so fearful when she doesn't hear from me.

1 comment:

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.