Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mirah : Body Below



Everything is falling into place and I'm on my toes as to what happens next.

There's a story I could tell when the cold wind starts to blow Like a whisper in the night from a friend that you know. It says "Keep holding on to my body below. Forsake me not, don't ever leave me alone." There was a time when the sun gave it's life to the trees and the air it smelled sweeter for the honey and the bees. The ocean rolled salty and wild and free. The fruit swelled and ripened and burst with their seeds. But what starts with desire can turn into need. The chest gets all tight like it's got some disease. What burns in the fire just ends up as coals. What floats on the water can sink like a stone. Now i want to believe every word that you say. I want you to need me to not go away. Have trust in the nighttime and faith in the day to walk on the water, be never afraid. Can you bear it upon you? My love has gone under, above all the stars have forgotten to glow. But if you keep holding on to my body below you, I'll warm you and keep you from feeling alone.

Painting by : Gustav Klimt "The Kiss"

No comments: