Saturday, February 14, 2009

132.

Elliott Smith : Going Nowhere

I am torturing myself. I chose to work on Valentine's Day so that I would keep myself occupied and kill time until I possibly drive to Greensburg/Lexington. Of course I didn't weigh in the fact that I work in a boutique where many people come to buy gifts. Also I have been listening to Elliott Smith all day. I've been here since 3 and have already had to help pick out gifts for girlfriends or mothers. My mom bought me a big bag of red Sweedish Fish and a card. I didn't buy her anything so maybe I'll make her something while I'm here. Or I'll just buy her one of the nice cards we sell here. I really hope that I won't be in Cincinnati tonight.

Saw you move a certain way, missed you a lot. Return to this abandoned place, should a been forgot. Echoes drown the conversation out. Echoes that only seem to bring about a silent expression, things you may allow going nowhere.

No comments: