Saturday, January 17, 2009

112.

Frightened Rabbit: The Modern Leper

I've decided to actually have a social life tonight. I'm hoping that all goes well and I won't have to deal with the usual bullshit. I really don't want to regret going out tonight. My back doesn't feel very good today.

I got a very nice text from someone today. It made me realize how there is always hope for fixing something that is broken.

A cripple walks amongst you all you tired human beings. He's got all the things a cripple has- not working arms and legs and vital parts fall from his system and dissolve in Scottish rain. Vitally he doesn't miss them. He's too fucked up to care Well, is that you in front of me coming back for even more of exactly the same? You must be a masochist to love a modern leper on his last le. Well, I crippled your heart a hundred times and still can't work out why. You see, I've got this disease I can't shake and I'm just rattling through life. Well, this is how we do things now. Yeah, this is how the modern stay scared. So I cut out all the good stuff. Yeah, I cut off my foot to spite my leg. Well, is that you in front of me coming back for even more of exactly the same? You must be a masochist to love a modern leper on his last leg. Well, I am ill but I'm not dead and I don't know which of those I prefer. Because that limb which I have lost, well, it was the only thing holding me up. Well, I'm lying on the ground now.Walking through the only door. Well, I have lost my eyesight like I said I would. But I still know. And that is you in front of me and you are back for even more of exactly the same? Well, are you a masochist to love a modern leper on his last leg? And you are not ill. And I'm not dead Doesn't that make us the perfect pair? Just you and me. We'll start again and you can tell me all about what you did today.

No comments: