Sunday, December 21, 2008

085.

Chris Garneau: Saturday

I was reading an article in Vice today about these two sixteen year old photographers. They found each other on Flickr and decided to collaborate on photos. So they became pen pals and send each other film and double expose the film to make prints of the collaboration. I really want a pen pal, photos or not. I want to have a connection with someone I've never met and know nothing about. It's so hard meeting new people in Cincinnati that you don't know anything about. Everyone knows everyone somehow, whether they've fucked somebody's girlfriend or dated so and so. I can't wait to meet new people. Until then, I really want a pen pal.

Tonight, especially, my seasonal depression is setting in. It's eight degrees outside and I'm sharing my bed with tons of pillows. I was reading about seasonal depression and one of the treatments is to sit in a room full of bright lights. I wonder who really pays to do that.

All the time in the world is lying right beside me. But time does stop sometimes and back home its no use to suprise me. It's up two years ahead of me now, well thats a lot of drinking. You say I won't be missing you, but I do it's a lot of never thinking. If I dont black-out, I'll keep you inside me. I can't promise you anything. How long can a Saturday keep me name all the same things? I love all things I said I love but I forget why I'm still standing. All the time in the world is lying right beside me. But time does stop sometimes so let's try let's spend it sleeping. If I dont black-out I'll keep you inside me. I can't promise you anything. I know yeah I'm slow. I sleep the best in cold. Dreams are the place to be.

1 comment:

Paige said...

My mom has SAD, she bought a light to sit under for so many hours a day, and even if it's just in her head I can see how it would work.

I always feel amazing in the summer, laying in the sun, cat like and such. SAD is genetic I'm pretty sure.