Sunday, October 5, 2008

041.

Elliott Smith: Better Be Quiet Now.

Wish you gave me a number, wish I could call you today, just to hear a voice. I got a long way to go, getting further away. If I didnt know the difference, living alone would probably be ok. It wouldnt be lonely. I got a long way to go, getting further away. A lot of hours to occupy it was easy when I didnt know you yet. Things I'd have to forget. But I better be quiet now, Im tired of wasting my breath, carrying on, getting upset. Maybe I have a problem, but thats not what I wanted to say. I prefer to say nothing. I got a long way to go, getting further away. Had a dream as an army man with an order, just to march in my place. But a dead enemy screams in my face. But I better be quiet now, I'm tired of wasting my breath carrying on, not over it yet. Wish I knew what you were doing. Why you want to do it this way. So I cant go the distance, I got a long way to go, I'm getting further away.




Photograph by Wolfgang Tillmans.

No comments: