Sunday, October 5, 2008

039.

Elliott Smith: Everything Reminds Me of Her.

I find beauty or an admirable quality in everyone, even people I don't really care for. I think this why I give second chances sometimes more easily than I should. There a comes a point in time when the chances make me so tired and weary. There's only one person in this world that I have continuously put my heart on the line for and I never seem to regret it. Maybe this is where I'm ignorant, maybe this is how I am so often hurt.

I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday. Small things like hair cuts always make me feel better. Everytime I get one, I always think of my dad. He never wanted me to cut my hair when I was little. He loved my long hair and I kept it, even if I hated it. It's funny because everyone I've dated has loved my long hair and hates when I cut it more. Last summer when I chopped off a good eight inches, it was sort of like letting another piece of dad go, which seems ridiculous. I'm starting to let go of physical attatchments to people with the exception of few extremely sentimental items. I think that the memories I've shared with them are more important than the physical items I have to show for them. My mom said that the reason why there are so many pictures of my dad and I was because they always knew he'd be the first to die. I'm glad there are so many for me to look at so that I have better memories than him lying in a bed unable to move. I don't even have any pictures with Sydney, but it also makes sense because we were behind the camera more than in front of it. I have a few shirts of her's, some drawings, and of course our love for Elliott Smith. I remember after she died, her mom and I drove around listening to Elliott Smith on cassettee tapes crying, but crying tears of joy. Amy and her band learned Everything Reminds Me of Her and I remember Amy struggling to sing the words. Her benefit show was titled A Life in Tune which I'm thinking will be one of my tattoos along with a portrait of her.

I never really had a problem because of leaving. But everything reminds me of her this evening. So if I seem a little out of it, sorry. But why should I lie? Everything reminds me of her. The spin of the earth impaled a silhouette of the sun on the steeple. And I got to hear the same sermon all the time now from you people. "Why are you staring into outer space, crying? Just because you came across it, and lost it?" Everything reminds me of her.

No comments: