Wednesday, September 24, 2008

032.

Today was my first day of work in two weeks. I think this is the first time I've actually been excited to work since I've been so broke lately. One of the people I work for came in to the store today to vent to me about his breakup. It is amazing to me that a man that is fifty something years old chooses to talk to a teenage employee about something so personal. He told me that he considers me as a friend and feels comfortable saying such things to me. He's a big, tattooed man who looks like he would never share any personal information witha anyone, yet I am on of the few that he feels comfortable with. This pretty much made my day and makes me want to say "fuck you" to every person who thinks I'm a bad person or has put me down.

K Swain and I are planning on going to a couple shows soon and going to Columbus for Quarter Horse Congress. I'm excited for this, not only because we're going to see some awesome bands, but because I'm spending more time with her. We went from hanging out all the time to never, so I'm really happy that I'm seeing more of her.



Photograph by Nan Goldin.

No comments: