Tuesday, September 23, 2008

029.

Sometimes I really surprise myself. I don't know what bone or brain cell in my body makes me care for those who have a burning passion of hate for me or have continuously had something to say about me. I believe this is my weakness and my strong point all at the same time. My constant forgiveness makes me vulnerable to being taken advantage of, yet it gives me a stronger sense of self and how the world works. I know that I can offer to lend a helping hand to someone that dislikes me and that offer may not be taken up. I am not offended, nor am I hurt by it, because I know that in my heart, I care for everyone's well being. I can only hope that my efforts may change someone's opinion of me, but in reality, I know it's a rarity. As I am slowly losing my sense of self and direction, I am conforted in this quality that will always stay with me.



Photograph by Ryan McGinley.

No comments: