Saturday, September 20, 2008

027.

I've been in Chicago for all of twelve hours and I have had such a great time. The drive up here was interesting to say the least. As soon as we got here, we went to a party where the tenants referred to themselves as "cuntz" and were all lesbian. I'm pretty sure we were the only straight people there, which I was completely comfortable with, maybe even more comfortable than I would feel with a sea of liquored up girls looking for a "nice fuck." There was a huge basket full of contraceptives and lube at the entrance of the apartment. I usually never talk to people I don't know at parties because I never know how to start a conversation with someone and get really awkward and intimidating to the point that I am completely avoided by strangers. I usually don't dance at random parties either but was literally hoola hooped into doing so. I talked to two very nice girls who had just moved to Chicago and didn't know anyone [p.s they didn't know each other before the party]. Soon the conversation became a compliment session and the girls were talking about dating, which I of course thought was a joke. Later in the evening they were kissing in a corner. Party goes on and all the noise was stopped and about ten people just started cheering. Some of the cheers were entertaining but it was the final aspect of the party to fully make my mouth drop. I had no complaints.

I haven't been going to school lately just because I feel so out of touch with it. I only enjoy two of my classes. I could be finished in three months but my mother insists on me continuing for another unneeded semester so that she can see me walk. Not moving out when I wanted to is starting to prove to be the wrong choice. I can wait until I move in May.



Photograph by Nan Goldin.

No comments: