Thursday, September 18, 2008

023.

Bright Eyes: Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh.

This past week has really been great. I've spent everyday with some really great people. The power outage proved to be more fun that I thought it would be. Sunday night Kelsey, Brandi, Auriel, Cody, Tee, Ben, and I all sat on the porch enjoying the cold weather and wearing ridiculous thrift store finds. The morning afters were great. Brandi, Kelsey, and I would lay in bed together or on the couches downstairs laughing about the night before. I miss having a consistent group of friends that I can be myself around, which hasn't happened in awhile. I know my circle of friends changes frequently due to the everlasting drama that lingers around Cincinnati or just the fact that people change. I am always told how quiet and chill I am and how sometimes it's intimidating or a bummer. This week I have gone out of my realm, possibly because I feel comfortable enough to be weird or quirky. Kelsey wasn't feeling well for the majority of this week and I would get on her bed and dance for her until she cracked a smile. That smile reassured me that I have to be doing something right and I'm not all that bad of a person. Tomorrow Kelsey and I are driving to Chicago to spend the weekend with everyone. Becca's birthday was this week so there's a small party/get together for that. Amanda offered to do some tasteful nudes for me which will be great. It's so frustrating having to form a portfolio in such a short period of time and having so many ideas but no one to help me with them. For some reason I thrive on chaos even though my body doesn't properly process stress. The rush of having so many responsibilities and nearly no time to do them, makes me feel great and accomplished, even if I only have a minute for a breather.

But now we speak with ruined tongues and the words we say aren't meant for anyone. It's just a mumbled sentence to a passing aquaintance. But there was once you. You said you hate my suffering, and you understood, and you'd take care of me. You'd always be there. Well, where are you now?

No comments: