Saturday, August 30, 2008

015.

There is a never ending cycle of drama, which is everywhere, but the part that gets me is the people fueling the fire. Since when did everyone decide to involve themselves in other people's business? Did occur to them that they are only making matters worse? It might appear to you that you think you're backing a friend up, but in reality, you're slowly ruining people's lives. People make mistakes and its hard for someone to accept/forgive those mistakes if there is someone preventing that from happening. I've made plenty mistakes, probably worth losing friends over and I accept that. It's sad to see friendships thrown away over petty things that won't matter in a couple months. I'm sure it hurts now, I'm sure it'll always reside in the back of your mind. But there is a time to let it to go and the sooner you do that, the sooner the sulking and self pity will end.

Aaron always told me that things will heal with time and I'm actually starting to believe in that statement, although I don't think I believe in it for our friendship in particular. After not speaking to Rodney for almost a year and a half, I now see him at least once a week. Last night he paid for a fancy dinner at the Oceanaire which was lovely to say the least. I enjoy the fact that we can have intelligent conversations like we used to. That was probably one of the things I loved about him the most. I've been letting go of my grudges and trying to resolve matters with a few people, but I know there are a few that I have no control over. I would hope that somewhere in their hearts, they can learn to set aside the past, like I'm trying to do. Rodney and I also talked about this. It's easy to forgive someone for what they've done, its another thing to accept it and move past it. I'm glad that there was such a big gap between the ending of our relationship and renewal of our friendship. It's easier to make our relationship an example in everyday conversation without any awkwardness. Granted he was the first person to really and truly hurt me, I know that I made my mistakes as well. I feel that within the past couple weeks I have really been growing up. I'll only be in Cincinnati till May. I'd like to make the best of it.




No comments: